Praktikum: Building Low-Cost Eye Tracker
Shahram Eivazi (email@example.com)
||Thursdays, 12:00, Every second week
|Umfang des Praktikums
||4 SWS / 6 LP
This course is about building an eye tracker. We will go through topics related to the eye tracking methodology. The participants will be assigned topics on which they prepare a prototype. The course will be a mix of readings, and group work. After the course, students should be able to independently apply the knowledge acquired in the course to their course project and build an eye tracker.
The core questions of the course are:
- Wat are the challenges related to the design an eye tracker?
- What are the innovative ways to build an eye tracker?
- What are the advantages, disadvantages, tools, methods and principles of various eye tracking techniques?
After the course, the students are expected to understand theoretical concepts and design challenges related to the building an eye tracker and to communicate and document their design work to others.
The course is an advanced level (e.g. master level) Computer Science course. It is specifically aimed to the following student groups:
- Computer Science master and doctoral students, and those students wish to include the course as a part of the selective advanced studies in Computer Science.
- Students should have sufficient programming skill.
The implementation of the course
This a project course, students will be assigned reading and development tasks. The course will focus on building an eye tracker; teams are responsible to present a working prototype of their topic.
The students are required to complete their prototype eye tracker and write the related report and summary. The project will be graded and a general feedback will be given by the instructor of the course. This course does not have a course exam.
During the course, the following learning contents will be covered
- Introduction to eye tracking methodology
- Introduction to various eye tracking applications
- Introduction to design and build a low-cost eye tracker
If you missed the first lecture please contact lecturer for late registration in the course (shahram.eivazi(at)mnf.uni-tuebingen.de).
Please note that maximum of 10 students will be accepted to take part in the course. The above mentioned student groups will have priority when students are selected to the course. If there is room in the course, also bachelor level students are able to join the course.
The detailed structure and content of the course will be announced in the beginning of the course. The course will consist of 4-5 study modules, which all include compulsory learning activities (e.g. reading). Most of the activities will be done in groups.
The start day of the course: 20.4.2017, 11:30, Room C311.